Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

08/06/2014

Sea to sky part 2

 
Second time around.

Dear dear hat I love you so much.

Not that I didn't love the first version - I did, but somehow we did not gel. However, 2nd hat - you are my favourite one now. You didn't knit up as smoothly as I had anticipated, we did have some disagreements and disappointments but when I cast off and wove in your ends - I fell in love, deeply in love.

So much so that I took you for your first walk today - Sunday - on a bright and sunny day.

And I didn't CaRe! Because you were there, on my rather warm head.

I love the way you slouch over my head in a devil may care sort of way looking laid back and lazy. Thank goodness for a sneaky breeze up on the moorland tops and the cooler air by the river.

And as usual, I have tinkered with the pattern (not that I am proficient enough of a knitter really to do such a frippery nonsense) but still I am happy with the result.

Ah - HaPpY mE!!!

A gentle end to a very happy week and weekend.  So many wonderful things happened and I have really enjoyed these last few days.  I will, over the course of the week share some of them with you.

How are you? Had a lovely weekend? I hope so, go on - share what you got up to :) I love to hear what you do xxxx



4 comments:

  1. Second time lucky. Looks good. No wonder you are in love with it. Looks like it was a beautiful walk too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. working at a guild meeting on Saturday, pottering in the garden and playing with felt yesterday :-) Lovely hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hat is the colour of the sky (on a bright and sunny day!), lovely!
    I had a quiet but nice weekend, finishing things, gardening and catching up with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hat looks fab Hawthorne, you wear it well, and I think it's happy with you too! We had a good weekend which involved one of our grandsons having a sleepover, and then spending time with the family when we delivered him home next day; all good! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.