Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

04/01/2015

Breathing fresh air into the new year

We woke to a crisp and frosty bright morning - it was beautiful. We knew what to do and it entailed getting boots and warm gear, picnic food and Girlfriend, map, lead and dog and head off to get some fresh air.



 By the time we'd parked and walked up Arnside Knott, the clouds had gently filled the sky making the sun ooze a peachy golden slice along the sea horizon.



 We found ourselves a vantage point and ate our lunch looking across the bay. We could hear, in the distance, the sounds of a train, so we kept watch on the estuary rail crossing. Our observations were soon rewarded.





 We went on to Leighton Moss, hoping to catch some murmurations. We were disappointed by the lack of starling aerial acrobatic action but we were more than compensated by the views and the sunset.





 And, with the sunset sliding below the reeds behind us, we watch the moon quietly rise over the Moss.
The best? Well, although no photos, I saw otters. My heart skipped with happiness when I saw the furry head looking towards me then slip beneath the icy waters and leave a trail of bubbles.

How magical.


9 comments:

  1. Each image is more beautiful than the next! Thank you for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what beautiful, magical and stunning photos - I love them.
    The silhoutte of the flowers against the sky is beautiful.
    I live minutes from the sea front, but envy you living in the country.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx


    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful photos to enjoy on this grey dank morning! And I should be working!! Enjoy your week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bizarre, yesterday was my birthday and I chose to go to Settle for the day walking and picnicing with my husband and two teens, before heading back home to Storth (next village to Arnside!!)
    Glad you had a wonderful time too.
    Happy New Year Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and really like your description of the sky at Arnside Knott.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm drooling here, wonderful views and photos! I love the headless giraffe tree. Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous photographs, thank you for sharing them. Love the train crossing and the gorgeous sunset at Leighton Moss. I have pinched the picture of the reeds against the sunset for my desktop. Looks great. Thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well we were at Morecombe yesterday and could have waved across the bay towards you. As everyone else said great photos but you saw an otter. Oh how I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely sunset photos. we were out between Christmas and New Year we didn't just get murmurations we very very nearly had ducks fly into us as they glided through the trees to settle on the lake for the evening x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.